Virtual Firecracker4 event
This Independence Day celebrate the freedom to keep running and support some great charities.
What is a virtual Firecracker4?
The Virtual version of the Firecracker4 is a 4 mile run that you complete on your own between June 28th and July 11th– Preferably July 4th weekend.? We will provide some course options you can use if you like.
You can run anywhere, indoor on a treadmill or outside on a 5k route you know. Below are some options.? Please follow CDC- and New York State-mandated social distancing guidelines. If small groups are allowed, we encourage you to still practice safety and keep appropriate distance between runners.? Please check ahead of time to see about Park guidelines and possible closures.
We will be providing several links to certified and measured 4mi courses as we get closer to the event.
- Track your run using any GPS/phone app etc? or RaceJoy.?
- Upload your results into RunSignUp once complete.?
- We will post the results and you can print a finishers certificate as another memento.
- You can also print your personalized bib and wear it on race day!?
How do I sign up- Click here (RSU Registration link)
What comes with my registration?
- Excellent soft wicking t-shirt
- Commemorative Medal so you can remember 2020 forever
- Automatic entry into weekly drawings for some great swag provided by our sponsors
- Insert any pics we have
- We have some great donations from our sponsors including Michelob Ultra/Saratoga Eagle, Fleet Feet Sports Malta/Albany, Hannaford Supermarkets, Powerhouse Athletics, Hislop Coaching and more.
- This is all stuff runners want/need and can use!
- We will be putting together great packages and stuffing the Firecracker4 coolers full of this awesome stuff.?
What is a Virtual Event?
A virtual event allows participants to complete the race on their own. You will run or walk the race distance at your own pace and at a time and location of your choosing. You choose your own race day and your own starting line, whether it?s a treadmill, a park or your neighborhood street. This option will allow those invested so heavily in their training to keep going and be rewarded for their efforts with the shirt and medal from their respective race(s).
Is this a competition?
No. This event is for fun and continuity. There will not be awards based on time, although results will in fact be shown by time.
When do I run the Virtual Event?
This can be anytime between June 28th? and July 11th.
Where do i run the Virtual Event?
Please see the section above called ?When & Where to Run?.
How do I log my results?
See the results section above.
Will there be awards for the Virtual Event?
As everyone will be on the honor system and submitting their own finish times, we will not be offering awards for the virtual event.
How will I get my shirt, medal and coupon?
Your shirt, medal and coupon will be mailed to the address you provided during registration.
I don?t have a GPS watch, what do I do?
You can use one of the courses above to run/walk your 3.1 miles. Just start a timer on your watch or phone and you will send us your time on the form we provide.
What if I can?t run/walk between June 28th and July 11?
We understand that something could come up. You will still receive your shirt, medal and coupon however you will not be listed in the 2020 results.
I signed up to volunteer, do you need my help?
We love all of our volunteers and thank them immensely for their help each year.? We depend on them to make this event happen.? We will not need volunteers for the 2020 virtual event but will definitely need you all back if full force as 2021 is going to be huge!